There are a number of fun things to do in the fall, especially in London. But, there’s also that big list of must-do’s before the cold weather arrives. Although the outdoor yard work and home touch-ups are probably first on your list, there’s at least one other task that you should be considering at this time of year. Having your furnace service and tune-up before the season changes is recommended to ensure your system runs great throughout the winter.
The experts at Builder’s Choice Air Systems recommend that furnace service and maintenance be performed at least annually in order to prevent a breakdown during the winter, when your furnace is needed most. There are many benefits to getting service completed before the cold and crisp weather sets in too. Let’s take a look at some of the top bonuses of furnace service:
- Helps maintain energy efficiency – Regular maintenance can help make sure that your furnace works at its peak efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating bill.
- Ensures your furnace is in top shape – From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready for the winter months ahead.
- Lowers the chances of breakdowns – Just about the last thing you want to happen on a cold winter day is have your furnace stop working, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to see potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe – Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are crucial to keeping your home safe through the winter. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to create heat. Over time, cracks or leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety.
- Keeps your warranty valid – Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to maintain your warranty. Completing regular maintenance completed can save you money if bigger problems occur in the future.
Taking proper care of your furnace has plenty of additional bonuses. Keep your home comfortable throughout the winter and save the troubles as you’re less likely to need extra service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter.